Thursday, September 9, 2010

preschool

Preschool went great!  I was the nervous one all morning, and even though Emma woke up telling me she will go to school "next time", she was ready as soon as I said let's get your backpack. 
 

Maddie loves this scarecrow, and wouldn't move from it's side, so I just had Emma stand with her for a picture of them both...poor raggedy scarecrow.
So after giving Emma a long rundown about all the things I want her to remember and know and do and don't do and feel while she's away for me for three hours (poor girl), we got to school.  Emma walked happily into her class, waited her turn to pick her name off of the easel, and sat down to play with play-dough in her seat. I kissed her goodbye and waited...but she was fine!  I don't think I made it to the car before I cried, though.  And Maddie was upset too, because I didn't let her go on the playground.  So after some coffee, and quality time with Maddie at the park, I went back to school to see this:
She couldn't have been happier.  When I asked her if she had fun, she said the most enthusiastic YES I have ever heard.  She painted and glued a jellyfish, made a new friend ("a little girl who wore a pink shirt" is what she told me), played on the seesaw, and had "fishies and apple juice" for snack.  That is all I could get from her.
Her teacher did just call me (I seriously think her teacher is wonderful) to fill me in and see if I had any questions or concerns.  She filled in the blanks about Emma's day, and did tell me that Emma and her new friend were giggling and talking a lot and holding hands!  
And we get to do it all again on Tuesday.
 

2 comments:

Laurie said...

SOOO CUTE! I can't believe they are in preschool! It makes me so sad and wishing for them to be babies again. How come Emma's hair looks so blond?

Tina said...

Congrats...you're officially a preschool mom! ;) Glad she did well. Emily's first day is Tuesday but I stay with her. When she goes back Thursday she just gets dropped off. With Connor, I cried as soon as I got to the car. I'm feeling like I won't this time. We shall see!