Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Thanksgiving Day


We had a great Thanksgiving. I have to come to love the Macy's Parade, I think mainly because Emma is so interested in it, so we enjoyed watching it together. And I might have gotten as excited as her when Santa arrived at the end.
My parents, aunt, cousin, and uncle joined us for dinner at our house, we had seen my sister and brother-in-law the night before for dinner since they had to work Thanksgiving. We have an "Italian" Thanksgiving, which is 3 courses, escarole soup, pasta, and then the turkey dinner.
Emma ate the meatballs out of the soup and about 2 bowls of pasta with meatballs, but when it came time for the turkey, I think she just at the marshmallows off the top of the sweet potatoes. And then she realized she liked pumpkin pie, and ate hers and some of everyone else's. (It's rare she eats so much, so I had to document it.)
I didn't take pictures, just enjoyed time with the family relaxing. I asked my dad to take a picture of the four of us, and one became Christmas card worthy, but here are a couple out takes that didn't make the cut.

No comments: