Both girls are napping at this very moment, something that happens as often as a solar eclipse or leap year or one of those other not common moments in life, so if I type quietly, I may get to update the blog.
Emma may be crossing the picket lines of her nap-strike. We've been in negotiations, and it looks like her side is caving, as long as I entice her with something worthwhile to look forward to after nap (a Skittle, a "special" sticker, going to visit someone, a video...) I'm getting desperate for her to nap, she has so unpleasant in the evening without one. The past two days though, she's been napping. She almost never mentions her "paci" anymore, and when she does, she just tells me the lady has her paci. (Yes, that's right, the random cashier at Toys R Us has her paci. Okay, actually the trash can next to the lady does.) It makes me a little sad for her at times, but her collection of bunnies will comfort her.
Maddie is now 7 months, something I meant to write about, but couldn't find the time. She is sitting up great now, and she's more content playing on the floor now that she can. She also is getting up on her hand and knees and rocking, but no movement yet. She is still getting up a few times a night, but has been napping a lot better, and a lot longer. She is fighting off a yucky cold that has turned into a cough, so I'm hoping once that pasts, she'll sleep better. She is eating Puffs now, which can buy me some time to get something done if I toss some on her high chair
tray. Her two bottom teeth are in, and it makes me sad her gummy smile is gone (but I love the 2 teeth smile even better).
No post is complete without a picture. Found this random one Bill took. He was vacuuming for me, and we make the girls sit together when we do. Neither looks too thrilled about it.
1 comment:
this post cracks me up. Maybe it is because everything paralells my life so exactly. Love you!
Post a Comment