This past Saturday we went to a tree farm to get our Christmas tree with the Botbyls. Every year, it's the same, we think we're going to find the "perfect" Christmas tree. I usually give up half-way through and just start pointing at any tree, because with decorations, it always looks nice, but Bill hold onto the dream and walks around for 10 more minutes, until we settle on one of the first trees we saw. Emma and Cambelle had fun roaming around the trees, and Emma really liked the little ones.
Just her size.
It could have been a cute picture if someone else would have smiled.
The winner!
(Maddie is in the Baby Bjorn, she kind of looks funny there in front of me).
* * * *
Last night we decorated our tree with Emma (Maddie was asleep.) I love this age so much, Emma truly was excited about every part of the tree decorating. Every ornament I pulled out of the box she would run and show Bill, and ask me if it was hers. Even the glass ball generic ornaments. (I told her they were hers, and she almost died with happiness.) I told her the tree skirt is where Santa is going to leave her presents, and she said, "Maddie's too?" I can't get enough of her excitement about all things Christmas.
Her new fake smile.
No comments:
Post a Comment