Wednesday, September 30, 2009

park



I took Emma and Maddie to the park real quick this morning. Nothing exciting or monumental. But looking at Emma, I just kept thinking...Where did my little baby girl go??? She seems so much older lately, the things she remembers and can tell you and how you can hold a conversation with her.
Also there was another little girl around Emma's age at the park, who was not a nice girl, and screamed at Emma a couple of times if Emma was going to go through the tunnel or down the slide near her. And I hated seeing the look of shock on Emma's face when it happened (the little girl's Pop-Pop was near-by and explained her as "tough" because she has older siblings. Whatever) So when we got in the car, I told Emma that the little girl was not nice and it's not nice to yell and not share. And now that's all she can talk about when I mention the park from today, "Little girl not nice," very seriously. I'm not ready for her to grow up and have other kids be mean to her!
***
On another note, to Madeline's sleep, which really has nothing to do with the subject "park", unless I connect that Maddie was asleep at the park...oh speaking of sleep...
I think that Madeline must read my blog. I'm almost convinced. Because two nights after I said she was an awful sleeper, she slept SEVEN hours STRAIGHT. From 7:30-3 am. And I didn't feel good, I was getting a cold, so I went to bed at 9. I woke up at 1 am, in a panic, and realized what was happening, that we were all sleeping, and I could have cried with happiness. At 3, she was nice and rested and didn't go back down to 4:30, buuuut slept again to 7:30. So I feel awesome, rested, wonderful the next day.
That hasn't happened again, but now she's up only about 3 times a night, and is going RIGHT back to sleep (generally speaking) after I feed her. I think the fact that she likes to roll over to her belly to sleep now helps. So most days I feel like a rested, normally functioning person. It's a great thing :)

No comments: