Yesterday we had Emma's "ice cream cone" birthday party at our house. So much better than her 1st birthday, where we were at a park and it was (no exaggeration) about 110 degrees outside. My only hope for the party would be that she would not have a meltdown, since those have been frequent lately (welcome Twos) and that she'd have fun. And I have to say, Emma enjoyed herself more than I could have hoped for, and was so good, thank you God! She really loves having her friends and family over to play.
(I didn't realize that having a 6 week-old and throwing a party would be tough to get anything done, and I really could not have done it without all my family's help, so THANK YOU!!!)
Emma opening some presents pre-party. She was so excited, and even really loved the cards (she likes playing with my magazine subscription cards too. She's goofy.)
Emma and her "Gan-pop"
I didn't expect Emma to eat anything other than cake, but surprising she sat down and had some Chic-fil-a with our neighbors, Ava, Matt, and Miss Deb.
We love Chic-fil-a.
We borrowed a jumpy castle with a slide from friends, and it really made the party for Emma. Her smile was from ear to ear, and she was laughing the whole time. She played until her face was purple from being so hot.
Reid, Emma, and Sophie. Emma would belly-slide to exit.
Taking a break.
This part makes me tear up all over again. When it was time to sing Happy Birthday, Emma somehow knew exactly what to do. She sat and looked around with this shy, but happy, face. During the song, she looked at Bill and me and gave us the biggest grins, it made me so choked up. I can't believe my little girl is two already!
One blow and it was out. All that practice cooling off her food paid off.
Look how red her face was from playing outside, poor thing.
BTW, those are cupcakes, not ice cream.
I love this girl. And she loves cupcakes.
My sister was so wonderful, her and my brother-in-law (and Dad too) were upstairs trying to get Maddie asleep for a long time so I wouldn't miss the party. It finally worked!
Can't have an ice cream party without ice cream.
The pinata. Bill and I couldn't figure out how to hang it, so he just held it out on a pole. Good think none of the kids missed and hit him.
Emma barely made a dent.
Reid's turn. I love how Emma looks like she is cheering him on.
Aiden did a better job swinging.
I think my mom is rescuing Emma from being hit with the bat.
Ava poked it a little.
Jonathan was the one who popped it open (it didn't break for some reason.)
Brayden giving it a final hit.
I think every kid made a bee-line for the lollipops.
Sophie with her lollipop.
Emma hanging with the boys.
She was so hot and sticky, but loved her lollipop.
Little Leah just hanging with her Mommy.
After the pinata, Emma came in to open gifts. Thank you to everyone!
Emma had such a great time!
2 comments:
Such a great party! We had a great time! I always love watching our kids play together! Man if our kids only knew we worked at an ice cream shop and we got to eat ice cream whenever we wanted and we got to pick the chunks of cookie dough out leaving none for the actual customers!!! Fun times!! PS how do you get to post all of your pictures at once...picasa only lets me do 4!
The pictures were so great.. I thought I was at the party!!! As D says... making memories.. Mum Rambo
Post a Comment