Monday, June 8, 2009

She's Two!

Today was Emma's second birthday, and I think I was just as, or maybe more, excited than she was.  I couldn't wait for her to get up this morning.  Bill took off so we could take her to the Discovery Museum.
We got there early when it opened, which was perfect, since a half-hour later the place was packed with kids on class trips (I'm a teacher, I should have anticipated that!)  Bill and I heard them say busses were pulling up, so we quickly headed to all the areas that the big kids would pack.  We really did have the place to ourselves for a while.
(We had some camera issues, but there were a few shots that were okay.)

Shopping for food.
Playing with the giant Lite Brite.
Playing ice hockey with Daddy.  (Emma really had no clue what to do.)
My favorite area.  Emma was taking a call from Cecily Tynan.  
Oh, and that's how Madeline spent the trip.  Asleep in her Baby Bjorn.
In the little kid section.  
Even though it was quickly packed with classes, it worked out nicely because we all just about were done around 11.  Emma held her own, though, and wasn't even fazed by a stampede of 8 year-old boys.  

After her nap, we let Emma open up her presents from us.

Slinky the dog (from Toy Story).  Now her Woody has a friend.
Maddie wasn't really interested in Emma and her presents.

Her lips are saying "oooooo", which is what she said every time she even partially opened a gift.
We got her play food with her shopping cart, and she didn't put down that ice cream cone all night.
Using her Bubble Mower to mow our driveway.
For dinner, we took her to Friendly's for a little mac-n-cheese and ice cream (with sprinkles of course) and played some more before bed.  

Shopping for food before bed.  Bill placed food all over the house and let her shop.  She looks like she's in Supermarket Sweeps running to her car.
Happy Birthday Emma!!! We love you!

1 comment:

Laurie said...

AWWW such great pictures! I love birthdays!! Happy Birthday EMMA!