Sunday, March 22, 2009

Spring!

Even though its now officially Spring, it is still chilly out, and the wind doesn't help.  But at the slightest bit of sunshine and warmth, I've been taking Emma outside.  It is so nice being outside, she loves it, and it makes me so happy to feel warmth from the sun (even if a gust of wind steals it away).  Since last summer/fall when we moved in our backyard grass hadn't grown in yet, today was the first time we actually played out there.  It almost felt like a real backyard, except for the fact that we still can't get out our back door (see picture below.)  Warm weather, please come soon!

Along with Emma's fear of fuzzies in the bathtub, she is also afraid of leaves, random pieces of grass/dirt/mulch, and anything resembling a bug.  I tell her what it is and try to make it not a big deal, but she doesn't want any part of nature.  She was afraid of going inside her slide house because of leaves.  I made a big deal about crunching them with our shoes can be fun, but she wasn't falling for it, so I relocated her slide to a leaf-free-zone.  

Studying the leaves.

This is why we aren't using our backdoor yet.



No comments: