"For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because you are fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be." Psalm 139: 13-16
Two weeks ago Bill and I went for an ultrasound, since during my pregnancy with Emma she "measured small for gestational age". This baby (we still haven't decided on a name...) luckily is measuring just right. That night, though, the doctor called and said he would like me to come back in, the picture he had of the baby's heart looked like one of the heart chambers wasn't the right size, but "sleep well", because it's probably just a bad picture, and he's sure it's nothing. Of course, it was impossible to not be worried, but we really tried to put our faith in God and prayed. (And I had self-control and didn't Google "heart chambers", since that just leads down a dark road of panic...)
Today I had my ultrasound scheduled and even though we had about eight inches of snow on the ground, it wasn't canceled. So I drove 25 mph the whole way... and I have to admit, I packed some snacks and water, because you always see those stories about people stuck in their cars for hours on a highway during a storm, and I always think, they must have been starving! (Luckily, that did not happen to me.) The Lord was really with me (and not just because I didn't get stuck on the highway for hours) because I was surprisingly calm and at peace with whatever the result. And we are SO blessed, because her heart is perfect. The ultrasound tech said it was probably just a "bad angle" last time (gee, thanks.)
The above verse has been in my mind and on my heart while waiting this out, and I am so thankful that my children are "fearfully and wonderfully made."
Just one of my favorite parts of the day.
Emma, after a bath, eating some cookies and snuggling on the couch before bed.
No comments:
Post a Comment