Saturday, February 28, 2009

go away, cold!

I'm sure everyone in NJ would agree with me, I am ready for Spring!  Emma has yet another cold, which I know is inevitable being that she's with other kids during the day.  She had a slight fever on and off this week, but acted fine, and then came down with the cold, and has not been herself.  These colds seem to hang on forever.  Bill was able to stay home with her Thursday and Friday, which was needed, considering she took a four hour nap yesterday.  
Today has been a strange day for us.  Bill had to go into the office, on a Saturday :( , and Emma woke up bright and early, so we were at Target by 8:30.  She usually is pretty good at stores, but today she refused to sit in the cart, or even in the back, and when I let her down to hold my hand, I ended up having to chase her down an aisle (luckily that early on a Saturday, two people were shopping).  I became that parent I used to roll my eyes at, struggling with a toddler about to throw a temper tantrum.  My browsing down the aisle days are over (they probably have been for a while, I've just been in denial.)
After a stop at Dunkin Donuts to pick up our spirits (is it bad that when we pull in the the drive-thru, Emma starts chanting "doughnut please!"), we were home by 9:15.  We planned to go help Jeff and Danielle move/unpack a little later, but as we were ready to leave, Emma was just laying on the couch, with her coat and shoes on, crying.  It was so sad, I gave up, and put her down for a nap at 10:45 (2 hours early).  She slept for an hour, woke up crying, ate lunch (she did tell me, "mmm, good!"), and after watching Praise Baby, went back down for ANOTHER nap, and is still sleeping.  We'll see how the rest of the day goes...
On a bright side, I did get Emma's new bedding in this week (the baby's getting Emma's), and LOVE it.  So does she.  As soon as I pulled out her new quilt, she grabbed it and wouldn't let go for the next hour.  

1 comment:

adrienne said...

So sorry you girls are sick:( It's especially hard when you're pregnant and already exhausted. We missed you at the shower, but I TOTALLY understand. Hope you're all feeling better soon! Is it April yet?!?