Wednesday, August 11, 2010

afternoons

Maybe I'm a wuss, but it is too hot in afternoon before dinner to go outside. So yesterday, after a serious game of hide-and-seek upstairs (I actually didn't know where Emma was hiding a few times.  And Maddie, she just wanders around and gives us away), the girls collapsed on my bed to "read" books to themselves. 
 Emma's name tag is from VBS at our church.  She goes for 2 hrs each morning this week, and has be LOVING it.  She was fine being dropped off, I think partially because it's at a familiar place, and partially because Cambelle is with her...and partially because she is SO excited to go ( just a "Goodbye Mommy", and she walks away).  And as she's told me many times this week, she's a big girl now (sigh.)  
I love hearing her version of what she did.  She's vague about most things, except what she ate for snack, I get specific details about that.  And my favorite part, she's been walking around saying "Psalm, two-fifty-four."  They are learning Psalm 25:4, and she actually can say most of it if I help her along.  
Oh, and Emma did not like how they wrote her name.  She said it's, "a 3, an M, an M, and...what's that letter, Mommy?  That doesn't say Emma."

And we love a tea party.  It's one of the go-to games while I'm trying to get dinner ready. 
 

Emma yells at Maddie not to touch it yet because it's too hot, so Maddie is blowing on her tea.

No comments: