Wednesday, May 12, 2010
Emma
Her "leave me alone" look.
I think I've neglected Emma on the blog lately. So here is what's been going on with her.
*She finally understands how to play Candy Land, so we've been playing a lot. She is okay not winning, as long as we let her keep going until she gets to the end. But she will not follow the cards that make her go backwards.
*She looooves Cinderella (the movie). She actually laughed out loud, hard, when the cat gets hit in the nose with the door, was devastated when the step-sisters ripped her dress, and was so happy when the Prince and Cinderella kiss and get married. What an emotional roller coaster, those Disney movies ;)
*Loves to be chased or chase us and play hide-and-seek. The day Maddie can do those with her will be Emma's best day ever.
*Doesn't take a nap. Ever. I gave up. I tried every strategy and combination of strategies. It was too upsetting for both of us. So now she may have a meltdown once a day around 4:00, from tiredness. But I did find out the hard way, that if Emma does nap, she won't go to bed until after 9:30 (she fell asleep in the car on the way home from a birthday party.) So I'll stick with no nap and bed around 7:30.
(I am hoping that one day a miracle will happen and she'll nap again...but it's highly unlikely.)
*She loves to help cook and bake, and will lick the spoon whether it's cookies or mashed potatoes.
*Will color for hours. I just bought her a new box of crayons and she sat for 40 minutes intensely coloring. And she's better than some kindergarten students I've had.
*Everytime I get off the phone, she asks who that was. Which makes me realize she was sitting there listening...
*Is a TV junkie and I really have to just turn the TV off, or she will sit there all day.
*She is growing up so fast, and I really am excited about all the things we can do now that she's getting older.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment