All the women who are independent
Throw your hands up at me
A little Destiny's Child keeps popping in my head. Emma is 2 going on 10. She tells me, "No, Emma do it"...wipe herself, blow her own nose, dress herself, turn on lights, brush her own teeth...she insists on doing in on her own, or redoing what I started to do.
Putting on her own socks
(I think I had started putting them on for her, and she took them off, and redid it.)
Lately, when Emma is in her room supposedly taking a nap, I find her undressed or redressed in something she chose out of her drawers. The only drawers she can reach are her pj drawer and a random assortment of non-seasonal clothes drawer. This day she was undressed and handed me these pjs and skirt, insisting on wearing them, because she was "going down the shore."
And Maddie is just trying to follow in Emma's footsteps. She tries daily to reach Emma's crayons, usually just to chew on them, but yesterday I watched her try to color! I'm not kidding, she was waving the crayons around on the page.
And today I found her sitting in Emma's chair. I didn't even know she could climb up and do that, and I looked over and her she was, smiling and kicking her feet.
I love my little independent ladies.
1 comment:
So adorable....I love the one of Maddie in the chair....she looks so proud of herself, I love it!!!! PS Reid redoes things I do too :)
Post a Comment