Thursday, September 17, 2009

talking

The past several months Emma's talking has been taking off. She really makes us laugh and surprises us with the things that she says (as I'm sure every kids does :) Her top two things to say to us (other than, "No Mommy"...my least favorite) are, "What you doing, Mommy/Daddy?" and "What's that?" It hasn't become annoying (yet) and I love answering her...even if it's just, "I'm driving...?" But it has been a little embarrassing. If a person politely says hello to me in the store or in our neighborhood, Emma says, "Who's that?" while they are within ear shot. Honestly, sometimes I pretend I didn't hear her.
The other day Emma and I were eating lunch, and I asked Emma if I could give Maddie a bite of my lunch. Emma said, "No, Maddie's a baby!" Then I said, "Is Mommy a baby?" expecting a no, but instead Emma said, "No, Mommy's Cole (Nicole)." "Is Daddy a baby?" "No, Daddy's Bill!"
So funny to me that she knows our first names, and how her little brain works.

These pictures are from yesterday when Emma decided not to nap, and was playing with a backpack she has.

No comments: