...or just potty training and crib-sleep (not for the same child!). I think I may have lost my mind to have decided to do both of those things today.
I'll start with potty training. I have been talking about the potty and trying to get Emma to go fo a few months, but she really was resisting it, so I backed off. The past week or so she has told me she had to go, but would sit and 3 seconds later would say, "All done!" Last night, we had dinner on the deck again and let Emma swim in her kiddie pool in just a swim suit (no diaper). We saw her peeing in the pool, and told her no, you need to go in the potty. A little while later, she darted in the house, into the bathroom, and slammed the door shut. I was nursing Maddie, but Mom Mom checked on her and Emma yelled NO MOM MOM, and her panic told me she had to poop and wanted to be alone (so funny how a 2 yr old gets that). Bill ran in there and just took off her bathing suit (ignoring my pleas to put on a diaper, I don't want poop of the floor). Well Daddy knows best, because a few minutes later, Emma comes out and says DONE, and I nervously went in there praying there would not be poop everywhere. Shockingly, she pooped on the potty...and not to be disgusting, but it was a nice poop! We celebrated and gave Emma a few M & M's and she was so proud.
Somehow during our dinner on the deck, Emma became naked again (I really forget why), told me she had to pee, so I just brought her potty on the deck (we sound sooooo WT! but the neighbors really can't see :) Well she peed in the potty!
So knowing all this, I really thought I need to take advantage of the window she opened up to potty-ville. Today, after a run to the store, I took off her clothes and told her she needs to pee on the potty like yesterday, not on the floor (she did mention her bathing suit when I said this...a little confused at first?) She went right in there and peed!!! So the rest of the morning was spent with me harrassing her to go pee if she needs to go (I did put panties on her for a little bit, but they ended up off again.) She maybe peed 4 times on the potty and had about 3 accidents, SO so far, potty is winning. She is down for a nap with a diaper on right now, but as soon as she's up, I'm going to try with her again...hopefully this isn't all in vain!
On to the crib-sleep. I just said how Maddie won't sleep in her crib, and I needed answers...so I Googled it. You can Google anything, that's my motto. So I typed in "baby sleep in bouncer, not crib" (I'm not kidding). And Google found me the answers. There were sooo many people who had the same issue, and what one mom said made sense how the bouncer is warm and snug and the crib is cold and not snug (and some of those other moms....you're dumb.). So I ran to Target today and got a sheet saver, what you use to protect the sheets if the baby pees (Um, actually, maybe I should cover my downstairs with them for Emma...) Anyway, they are terryclothed and soft and feel just like Maddie's bouncer, which is also so soft (her sheets are kind of cold and...well, sheet-like.) They tie to the crib rails, so they aren't a hazard in bed. THEN, I put her sleep wedge that I had for a few months, but covered it and tucked around it a really soft, but not cold, blanket (thank you Danielle for that idea). So basically she is snug and is laying on softness. AND she is taking a nap right now...IN HER CRIB!!! I am in shock right now.
No need for applause...from experience I know they both could go back to using diapers and sleeping in bouncers in a blink of an eye. Crossing my fingers.
2 comments:
YAY! Well, I'm glad some of my advice works... hehehe ;) Holla to potty training and crib sleeping... now, if only we could get Maddie to use the potty ;) I'll work on that for ya!
Hooray! Major Congrats on these accomplishments. It's one day at a time mama! Sometimes it is just about Mom making up her mind that something has to happen and sticking with it. You go girl!
Post a Comment