Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Emma

Emma learns things so quickly now, probably once a day she will say something I didn't know she knew or when she learned it. She knows all of her colors, except green and red she mixes up sometimes. She can count to 10 with some guidance, and can sing most the words to Twinkle Twinkle. Her only other song right now is the Alphabet Song, but she kind of makes up the letters until the end of a verse (i.e. abcdef is a jumble but she will yell out G). Dora, Sesame Street, Wonder Pets, and Max and Ruby (so annoying that one, I almost like it) are her shows of choice. Today I heard her singing along to Dora, and she answers that questions Dora or Backpack asks by yelling YES or NO to the TV. (Side note: I love the new Sesame Street on at 9am! They have celebrities that I like...hello David Beckham..jk...and my favorite segment is Murray and his little Spanish speaking lamb.) She loooves her bed, and will happily stay in her room until 8:30-9 in the morning looking at books or playing with her bunny (sometimes there is so much in her bed there almost isn't room for her). She is doing better putting words together, and really mimics things I say, she cracks us up. Emma is very emotional and we have really been working on her tantrums and talking to her (if we tell her she has to be a good girl, she'll smile and say, "no crying") Emma's still a picky eater, but has slowly been expanding her personal menu. We go next week for her 2 year check-up next week, so we'll find out about her weight then. Potty training...not so much. She tells me she pooped when she passes gas, and after trying to pee on the potty the other day (no luck) she ran into the kitchen and peeed on the floor.
Love her!

1 comment:

adrienne said...

oh my gosh, emma looks so grown up in these pictures...it's all happening so fast! Sophie loves max and ruby too...ugh that Ruby's voice..like nails on a chalkboard;)