Monday, July 6, 2009

4th of July

I love the Fourth of July.  I love the BBQs, the parades, the fireworks, and people decking themselves out in red, white, and blue.  And with most holidays, it's more fun because we try to make it exciting for Emma (and soon Maddie).  

The flag broke off the stick soon after her frantic waving.  
And that's what you get for $0.75 at AC Moore.  
I don't know what she's looking at, but I liked the picture.

Yes, Bill and sported the $5 Old Navy flag T's.  I hated them so much in the past I decided I liked them.  Too bad they get you by putting 2009 in the center.  

We spent the afternoon with family at our house barbeque-ing and stuffing ourselves and then went to the Washington Township parade.  I was so worried we wouldn't get a parking spot or it would be so over crowded, that we actually got there early.  But we had a great time. 

I got to sit in the back between the girls, and they looked so cute, so I took a picture (so unnecessary)

I had gotten Emma chicken fingers from Wawa to eat at the parade.  I ran real quick to Starbucks with Danielle since we were so early.  When I got back, Emma was eating a huge ice cream sandwich.  Thanks Mr. Softee.  Oh well, she had to learn sometime that the 4th is for eating junk until your belly hurts ;)

Miss Madeline was an angel the whole time 
(and only cried when the loud fire engines blasted their horns.  Her face crumbled, it was so sad.)
Emma and Poppop
Another attempt at a family picture.  Emma's giving the camera dirty looks.
My little girl.
Cambelle loves Maddie.
Look at the old man peeking behind Bill's shoulder.  So rude.
I'm new at parades, but they throw candy!  Bill and I were yelling GET THE CANDY and Emma just slowly made her way over to pick up a piece.  We're going to have to practice for next year, those big kids won't see it coming.  
We had to cut her off after a Tootsie Roll and two lollipops.  


Danielle keeping Madeline company.
When the parade ended, we went back to my house since my neighbor told me you can see fireworks from our houses (we didn't live here last 4th).  So we all are outside waiting in my front lawn, and we hear the fireworks...We had to cross my street, stand in neighbors yard, and look OVER the trees to see them.  Even still, Emma enjoyed them.  Happy Fourth of July!

2 comments:

Laurie said...

Your girls looked adorable and I love the family picture of you guys!!!

adrienne said...

great pics, i love emma's little dress!