Wednesday, May 27, 2009

potty!

WARNING: All about poop.

This afternoon Emma was trying to hide and telling me, "No Mommy", which is her way of telling me, "I'm going to go poopie and want to be left alone".  I always say, "Let's go sit on the potty!" and she always tells me no.  Lately Emma's been understanding rewards and consequences, so I told her if she goes on the potty she'll get chocolate... (No!), jelly beans?...(No!)  So I left her alone.  A few minutes later, she hadn't gone yet, and runs over and says, "Potty, jelly beans!"  I figured oh, well, I'll let her just sit and give her a jelly bean for the effort.  I kept telling her to push (she thought this meant hop to push the potty forward), and I noticed a little poopie coming out!  She kept trying to stand up, so I grabbed a book and read it to her a few times to keep her there.  Then she says, "All done!" and I look, and there is a little poop in the potty!  I started cheering and singing a poopie in the potty song (it goes, "Poopie in the pot-ty!" Very original) and Emma looks and says UH OH and seemed worried.  I just kept singing and dancing and cheering and she finally joined in and was excited.  And she was rewarded with 3 jelly beans (left over from Easter, nice.)  I had to take a picture (sick, I know) and since it was close to Bill getting home, I left it and let Emma tell and show him.  And Daddy was just as surprised and excited as I was!
  

2 comments:

adrienne said...

I saw this post the other day and didn't get a chance to post: congratulations emma! where'd the pic go? :)

Nicole said...

I had to take it off...I think I was grossing everyone out :)