Saturday, April 4, 2009

potty

For the record, I am not starting potty training Emma until at least the summer, when it's warm enough for her to run around diaper-free, when she's a little older, and when I'm not within 24 days of giving birth.  But she now makes it obvious when she is pooping, and will hide in the other room and yell, "No Mommy!" if I even glance in her direction.  Bill had bought an Elmo potty video randomly one day, but we hadn't gotten her a potty.  So today while I was out, I picked one up for her, just for a visual-aide until we are ready to use it.  And for the rare possibility Emma decides she would rather use that then go in her diaper.
When I got home from shopping, I presented Emma with what I had gotten her: sunglasses (she asks for mine when I'm driving, so I got her her own pair), a pair of Crocs (love them, but I have an issue: they only come in sizes 4/5 or 6/7.  Emma is a 5.5-6, so I got the bigger size, but they are kind of big.  Hello, make a 5/6 Croc-people!) and her potty.  
The three things are all she cared about the rest of the night.  She wore her sunglasses, Crocs, and sat on the potty like it was a new chair.  I tried to show her it belongs and stays in the bathroom, but she diagreed, and thought it should be used to watch TV.  I did take advantage of that, and put on Elmo's potty video.  (Bill and I really enjoyed the little boy on the video that calls his poop "dookey".  Thanks, Elmo.)

Isn't this how you sit on the potty?


I showed her she could put the sunglasses on top of her head, and she loved it.
Actually in the bathroom.
Is it really bad that I let her sit on it and watch TV???

*Sorry for the over-usage of the word "potty" in this blog.

2 comments:

Laurie said...

HAHA this was too cute!!

danielle said...

She's so cute.. and isn't that every man's dream? Sitting on the potty in front of the TV? I mean come on, I'm surprised Bill hasn't tried it... heheheh