My brain is working more clearly, so this is what went on this week.
Tuesday, after a fun morning at the mall with Emma, Mom-mom, Pop-pop, I layed down while Emma was napping to take a nap. I kept waking up and thinking about getting my 50 cent iced coffee from Dunkin Donuts (a special that day!), so at 3:00 I sat up to go run out and get it. Then I realized I won't be going because my water just broke!
As organized as I think I am, I did not have my bag packed, so I threw in anything that was in sight into my bag. The doctor said to come right to the hospital, which is about a good 35 minute drive, longer with traffic, which we had! Bill works about 5 minutes from the hospital, so instead of coming home all the way home first, he met me there. My mother-in-law drove me, and Pop-pop stayed home with Emma (I'm SO thankful they were home!) I was not very calm because there were so many cars, and lights, and the car's gas light came on (again, unprepared.) We did make it there, and Bill was waiting with the wheelchair (he had is so easy.)
After they confirmed my water had broke (hello!), and the doctor checked me, they started me on pitocin around 6pm, since I wasn't having contractions. Well that kicked everything into gear. I was able to make it through American Idol (my background music :) , and by 9:23 Madeline joined us.
waiting for the action to begin
she's here!
a proud daddy
I was so tired, so this makes me feel better to share in B&W
Madeline sporting the hospital girl hat, which made her resemble Aretha Franklin. She looks just like Emma did when she born, except Emma had darker, longer hair (I'll have to put a picture of Emma/Madeline.)
the nurse's white board in my room.
my sister brought me this DELICIOUS Edible Arrangement, which was gone by nighttime (I shared with visitors!)
at home, in prayer already
Emma wearing her Big Sister shirt "holding" Maddie (my arms are under her)
these signs welcomed me home (thanks, Mom & Dad)
Emma posing with her sign (she wouldn't stand)
1 comment:
AWWW she is beautiful....I can't wait to see her again! And I've never seen a head wrap for a girl that had a bow! Too funny!
Post a Comment