Tuesday, April 28, 2009

big sister

Emma has been trying out her sister role.  She yells baby or Madeline when she sees her first thing in the morning, and is very concerned when Madeline cries.  I got her saying, "Don't cry.  Be happy"  to Madeline, and she likes to rub her arms.  Madeline gets the hiccups a lot, and whenever she does, or sneezes, Emma is hysterical laughing.  BUT Emma also has been ripping her blanket off of her, and has been whining recently when I nurse the baby, and trying to climb in my lap.  Regardless, I love seeing Emma trying to interact with Madeline.

Emma and Madeline with their great-grandmom (Bill's grandmom)
We thought she'd like to run through the sprinklers, but she didn't, so she just marched around eating her fishies.
sporting her Big Sister hat from Grandmom and Grandpop
Wearing their Big Sister/Little Sister shirts from Aunt Yvonne.
Emma would not look at me, but did a good job trying to hold Madeline up (who screamed two seconds later.)

1 comment:

Laurie said...

Aww I love the picture of the two of them.....its sooo cute!