No pictures of baths, since it takes all four of our arms to get the job done!
Monday, January 19, 2009
bath time troubles
Emma has always loved taking a bath. We couldn't say the word "bath" unless we were ready to give her one, because she would go running towards the steps to go upstairs. The past few weeks, though, trouble has struck. It began with a little sock fuzz that was stuck to her toes when she got in the tub, and she FLIPPED out seeing it floating, she practically leapt out of the tub. Now we can barely bathe the girl, it's so sad. I bought bath crayons, went nuts with the bath toys, filled the tub up with bubbles galore to block out any potential fuzzy floating, Bill and I have both sat on the edge and put our legs in with her, and we are still having to hold her down to wash her. She gets interested in the crayons and toys, and I make a game of the bubbles to get her in, but usually 1 minute after standing in the tub (she won't sit anymore either) we're holding her down just to get the soap rinsed off of her (and it's now a two-parent job). It really breaks my heart, because she cries that scared-help-me cry, like when she's at the doctor and we hold her down to get a needle, and is shaking when I dry her off. I make her look in the tub when she's out and try reasoning with her and showing her there is NOTHING in the tub to be afraid of, and she repeats "fuzzy" or whatever and seems to accept that, until the next time. Any advice, other than letting her go unwashed until this faze passes? Too bad it isn't summer and I could just hose her down in the yard!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Will she get in the shower with one of you? Not the most fun but a possible solution
Brayden is the same way. He freaks if there is a speck of dirt or fuzz floating in the tub. We actually give him showers now and he loves it. Hope bath time gets better for you guys!
Post a Comment