Sunday, December 14, 2008

tree decorating

On Sunday after Emma's nap we decorated our tree. When Emma came downstairs, Bill had set the tree up in the family room, and she said to him "tree inside"! So funny. She was amazed that we had a tree in the house for a few days. Decorating didn't go as I imagined, Emma had a meltdown because we wouldn't let her climb Daddy's ladder (she loves to climb!), so Bill and I ended up doing most of the decorating while she watched Blues Clues. By the end though, Emma wanted to try to hang some ornaments up, but just couldn't figure out how to get them on the tree. Our tree is somewhat bare this year 3 feet from the ground, except a few non-breakable ornaments, since Emma has been enjoying taking them down and handing them to me. Her favorite one, her new Elmo ornament. My favorite, an angel made out of a spoon and her hands for wings that she made at the babysitter's (her hand shapes make me tear up!)


pre-decorations

When Bill plugged in the lights, Emma said "Oooo!"



Her attempt at hanging an ornament.


It may just look like a plastic spoon and scribbles to most eyes, but I just see her tiny hands that will be big one day (I could cry thinking about it.)

No comments: