Monday, November 24, 2008

talking

Emma has been talking so much more lately, I make her say things for me all the time just to hear her voice. She attempts to tell us a lot more what she wants (unless we have crossed over into the hysterical crying zone) and will name things that she knows the word for. The funniest is when she will say something very long to us, but we have NO idea what she said, and then she will repeat the same exact sentence to us. It's like we have a little foreigner living with us, and we only understand half of what she says. Not to bore you, but here are a few of the top things I hear from Emma every day:

* bus (emphasis on the sssss) Emma points out every bus that drives by, I find myself so excited to see a bus, I almost say it when I'm in the car alone.

*a hat? About everyone/hat she sees.

*is it hot? (sounds the same as a hat?) Even when it's cold, she'll ask.

*we're home

*where's Daddy? I tell her AT LEAST 25 times a day where Daddy is.

*mElmo! To anything red, resembling Elmo, or pointing to the TV/handing me the remote
Here's a video of some of her chatter (I only understood "yes"). It was all about a truck she heard drive by (she has amazing hearing, she will hear an airplane two states away and point to the sky.) Oh and I asked her about a hat to get her to say it, but of course she didn't, and I can' t figure out how to edit the video right, so I sound dumb.


And now she loves to put anything on her/her head. She will wear my scarves, our hats, hair ties as bracelets and...buckets and bowls.





No comments: