Yesterday Emma had a fever that began around 9am. It was around 103, but she was playing so happily and ate a good breakfast, I didn't worry, and just gave her some Tylenol and put her down for her morning nap. That's when the day went downhill. She barely took a nap, and woke up so tired and cranky. She wasn't even interested in running around the house and playing anymore, which never happens. We totally had a TV overload yesterday, and just sat together and watched Praise Baby, Elmo, Blues Clues, bla bla. After lunch, she took another short nap, and woke up sooo cranky, I did something I never do...we layed down in my bed together...and it worked (I slept a dot too)!
She napped for a little bit more, woke up screaming, and wouldn't stop, so I called the doctor. I never have for a fever, because it goes away without incident, but I wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something. They told me to bring her in the office. Emma was so cranky and not felling well by this point, and she literally screamed the entire time at the doctor's, from temperature taking to the doctor just looking at her. No joke, nurses were coming in the room to see what was wrong with the screaming child. I felt sooo bad for her, I was two seconds from crying with her. Well nothing was (wrong with her) that the doctor could tell, and basically said to keep them up-to-date if she gets worse (what's worse than a screaming, hysterical toddler?)...the minute we walked outside she stopped her crying. A little iced coffee for me and munchkin for Emma cheered us up a little bit.
To make this short...she made it through dinner and went to bed by 6:30, kept Bill and I up half the night crying (so much at one point she almost threw up on me, in our bed, at 3am) ended up falling asleep finally on me in our bed at 4:30, woke up tired this morning, and is now napping in her crib after I had to rock her to sleep (I haven't done that in about 6 months). Her fever is pretty much gone now, but she is SO overtired (aren't we all?) I love the extra cuddling I'm getting, but I really wish she was her happy, sleeping-well, energetic self again.
2 comments:
That's no fun for anyone! I hope Emma's fever breaks soon. Poor girl!
We're praying Emma feels better and you guys get some rest tonight. It's so tough not knowing what is wrong. Feel better Emma!
Post a Comment