Sunday, June 8, 2008

Happy Birthday Emma!

Today was Emma's first birthday, and I really enjoyed every minute with her. Emma was so pleasant ALL day long, she must have known this was her special day. This morning we gave her our present (the buggy) and she tested it out in her pjs before it got too hot out. Bill and I wanted to do something special with her, but she's still so little, and it was so hot, we had trouble thinking of something. So after her morning nap, Bill and I took her to Friendly's for a big girl lunch. She had grilled cheese, french fries for the first time, and a little vanilla ice cream, and was content the whole time there. Then we took her to Toys R Us and let her get a toy (we obviously had a lot of say in it). She had so much fun just walking around looking at the toys and hugging all the giant stuffed animals. We put her down for her afternoon nap like normal, but after she played in her crib for like an hour and a half, I had to get her out (she has never done that). Emma spent the rest of the day playing with us, Grandmom, Grandpop, Aunt Yvonne, Uncle Brian, and my younger cousin Chad. I really thought she would be cranky for the rest of the day, but she really was so enjoyable, I was disappointed when we had to put her to bed. I am sad my little girl is growing up so fast, but I love seeing her learn and grow and develop into her own little person. This past year has been the best so full of blessings, and it's really an honor to be Emma's mother and to spend everyday with her.

riding in her buggy
trying to color at Friendly's

playing with her first Little People house (I think I had as much fun with it as her!)

oh, and she was wearing a skirt, I didn't take her out in just a onesie


Posted by Picasa

No comments: