Monday, May 26, 2008

Memorial Day

I love Memorial Day because it's the unofficial start of summer, which means lots of bbqs and warmer weather. We had a beautiful day today, I wish every summer day felt warm (not humid) like today. We went over Jeff & Danielle's today for cook-out. Emma took her afternoon nap there, along with Cambelle and Chloe, so us adults had time to sit outside and enjoy the weather while the girls slept. When the girls woke up, Emma and Cambelle went in the kiddie pool together. It was a little chilly, but they didn't seem to mind. Matt, Michelle, Gia, Kaylee, and Mackenzie came over too, and all the girls had fun playing together. Emma loves watching them, and really wants to do what they do. She sat at the kiddie picnic table all by herself with the big girls, and even ate her hotdog off of a plate, which is a first (the plate part, not the hotdog). I'm always afraid she'll throw or play with the plate and not eat, but she just sat and ate all her dinner like a big girl. All the girls were so cute sitting at the table together eating, but it was so hard to get a picture with all of them looking.
having fun in the pool
(and Emma is wearing the same bathing suit every time, but I'm waiting until after her birthday to get her more)

Cambelle, Macki, Emma, Kaylee, and Gia

take two


Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Laurie said...

I can't believe how old she looks here!!!