Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Deceptively Delicious

For Christmas, I got a cookbook, "Deceptively Delicious" by Jessica Seinfeld and a pureer (thank you Mom and Dad Shipley!), and I sadly have not made anything in it (I blame moving)...until yesterday! It basically is a cookbook with recipes that hides pureed vegetables in meals, so even if your kids refuse vegetables, they are eating healthy. Well Emma has been a bit picky with vegetables lately, and I've been trying to be creative to get her to eat them. She actually one night ate so many carrots and broccoli just because it was off of my plate, not hers (what can I say, she has a mind of her own already.) So I pulled out my new cookbook, and made apple mini-muffins with organic, healthy ingredients and...pureed carrots! I was skeptical at first, but they are so yummy, and you can't even taste a hit of carrot (and Emma loved them!) I'm so excited, I'm going to try to find a way to put vegetables in everything, and it was so fun and easy. And I'm going to keep offering regular vegetables to Emma at her meals, but at least I know she's getting carrots in her morning muffin (and so am I, I just ate two!)

the muffins (I'll work on presentation)
the real tester, Emma enjoying her muffin

1 comment:

danielle said...

YAY! Congrats on getting Emma to eat veggies...could I have the recipe... I'll need it for Jeff. J/k! Maybe it'll work for Cambelle and Chloe.