On Wednesday we decided to go to beach. It felt so warm outside of the house, so we got all ready in our bathing suits. When we got to the boardwalk, there was a cooler breeze off the ocean, so we felt so dumb. But when we got down on the beach and sat down, it actually felt really nice. I left Emma's shirt and shorts on over her bathing suit, though, just so noone looked down at us from the breezy boardwalk and thought I was a bad mom. The beach was completely empty where we were, except for a few walk-bys, so it was so nice to have a beach all to ourselves. It was still kind of eroded (like the Science word usage?) from the storm the other day, and the water was really rough and cold (only our toes touched), but it was a perfect time. Emma crawled around anywhere she wanted, and was SO happy playing in the sand. She wouldn't stop trying to eat it or lick the shovel, so eventually I gave up trying to stop her, figuring she'll learn it doesn't taste good, and noone ever got sick from a little sand digestion (right?) I'm so glad Emma likes the beach, it's really one of my favorite places to be. And how can you not feel close to God sitting on the beach watching the ocean?




No comments:
Post a Comment