What Emma's Been Up To
Napping!
Could it be her playing outside instead of watching tv and staring at me? I hope this is a sign of things to come after playing outside this spring and summer!
Playing!
She has spent so much time outside playing and getting dirty, and invented a game of rolling this ball down the truck tracks on the side of our yard, and the chasing it.
Meeting her pre-school teacher!
I signed Emma up for two days a week starting in September, and today we got to "observe" the current class and meet Miss Christine.
Emma was VERY shy and unsure. She wanted me to hold her, and then refused to make her hand stamp. Another teacher, Miss Tanoa, popped her head in the classroom and said hello, and I told Emma that was Cambelle's teacher. They were so sweet and insisted on bringing Cambelle in to see Emma and help her make her hand print. Emma loosened up when Cambelle came in and hugged her, but she still didn't want to make a hand print, even after seeing Cambelle do it...SO the handprint Emma has is actually Cambelle's! After that we watched circle time and Emma slowly started to enjoy seeing the other kids do all their morning activities. She didn't want to hold the flag (that was the job Miss Christine gave her to do today), but by the time we left, Emma hugged Miss Christine! Phew!
Emma is a sit back and observe kind of girl and will join in after she sees the other kids do things first. I really am confident she will love school after she warms up. I asked her what her favorite part of school was later, and she said the teacher!
Emma overheard me tearfully telling Bill in the car last week that I can't believe she is going to be in school and what happened to my baby, I want her to stay little. And she piped up from the backseat, "No Mommy, Emma's a big girl, not little!" Sigh.
One more part about Emma's week that I don't have to heart to take a picture of is...Dory...died. I'll blog about that later.
1 comment:
Oh my goodness, she is so adorable-LOVE the bright yellow!
PS Good job with the large pics and border :)
-Jill
Post a Comment