Monday, March 15, 2010

Dory II

The fish is in there, wayyyyy to the right.  
Dory the 1st did not make it a week here. (That fish never ate though, so maybe it was sick, or didn't like the fish food...? Bill and I said we would just tell Emma the truth.  This is how our conversation went.
Me: Emma, Mommy has something to tell you.  Dory died.  She's with Jesus.
Emma (eyes filling up with tears): No! I want Dory at home.  Emma go with Jesus too.
Me: We'll go get you a new fish at the store.
Emma: No! I want Dory at Emma's house.  (crying now)
Me:......ok.  Just kidding.  Dory's sleeping.  (I know, awful.  I couldn't handle the tears.)

The next day, after Dead Dory is laying at the bottom of the bowl (I thought dead fish float..?) and starting to look bad, I told Bill he had to tell Emma.
Bill:  Emma, Dory died and is with Jesus.  Well get you a new fish.
Emma: Okay! Emma get a new Dory.

Hmmm.  
Anyway, I took Emma today to get a new fish, and got a different kind of fish food.  And Dory II is swimming and eating and happy.  
The End.

1 comment:

adrienne said...

that is So funny! I was chuckling! We got a beta fish on the way home from the aquarium the other week. Sophie named her (him) Sophia. Now I have a pet fish to take care of as well as my two children and two dogs. awesome.