Tuesday, February 2, 2010

a good book

The girls and I have been going to the library every couple of weeks, and Emma loves going to the kid section and picking out a book to take home.  A lot of the books aren't really appropriate for her age, so I try to steer her towards a good one with her still thinking she chose it.  She loves getting a book, and will usually hug it to her chest and say, "This is Emma's favorite!"  She saw this book today

and I thought the picture looked cute, so we took it home (I do judge books by their cover.)
I read it to Emma while she was eating her lunch, and it honestly brought a tear to my eye, I was touched.   It's about a little girl Katie who is happy and good and does what she is supposed to.  And she even has a little crawling brother.  And then she goes BOMBALOO (throws a temper tantrum).
Here are a few excerpts (this is probably breaking copyright laws or whatever, but really, it's not like the government really reads my blog...)

This is the Katie's brother knocking down her castle (that picture could have been taken from our daily life.)
 
And this is Katie having a tantrum and knocking down everything in her way, including her baby brother (does the author know us?)

And this is where my tears formed.  "And I'm sorry and a little frightened.  It's scary, being Bombaloo.  My mother knows that."
Seriously, way to make me want to be a little more patient like little Katie's mother :)

Happy ending.

I was touched.  I love a good book. 

No comments: