Monday, June 22, 2009

Father's Day project

I wanted to have the girls "make" something for Bill for Father's Day, but being they are so little, I decided to do footprints and attach this poem.  (It's something my kindergarten class used to make for Father's Day.)

Messy, but Emma had fun.  Madeline was a bit tougher, but I managed.



"Walk a little slower, Daddy", 
Said a little child so small. 
"I'm following in your footsteps, 
And I don't want to fall.

Sometimes your steps are very fast, 
Sometimes they're hard to see; 
So walk a little slower, Daddy, 
For you are leading me.

Someday when I'm all grown up, 
You're what I want to be; 
Then I will have a little child 
Who'll want to follow me.

And I would want to lead just right, 
And know that I was true; 
So, walk a little slower, Daddy, 
For I must follow you." 
 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OK now I am full of tears... What a beautiful poem.. Sometimes it is just the little things. Bill is a lucky dad, Grams Rambo