Friday, May 8, 2009

sun finally!

After nine days of rain, FINALLY the sun has decided to come out.  I swear, a good cup of coffee and a little sunshine does wonders for one's mood.  Bill was off today, which means I got to rinse all the soap off of my body in the shower and I didn't have Emma opening and closing the shower doors, telling me my "hair's wet."  We also went to breakfast to Nifty-Fifty's, which strangely does not have a kid's breakfast menu, so Emma was served a LARGE cup of chocolate milk, HUGE waffle "fingers"...more like arms....and a PLATE of bacon.  But she did put a nice dent in it, especially because we call the powdered sugar on the waffles "snow" (Hey, I'll give anything a fun name if it'll get her to eat it.)  And the rest of the morning we spent outside.  I refused to let Emma in the house, unless the sky opened up, since I was about to lose my mind this week being indoors.  Emma has been having a rough-adjustment period, between the toddler bed/Madeline joining our family, and has been in time-out more than I'd like to think about (I apologize if she has pushed your child this week.)  Here are a few snapshots of what Emma did besides sit in the corner.

Play dress-up with our neighbor, Ava.

Allowed Sophie to experience "the wind" (the air from her ball-popper.)
Used her (washable) markers with her friends.
Drew a red line on her face to match Reid's.

Allowed me to put braid's in her hair while she watched Toy Story (which she sat forever watching and loved, especially "potato head" Mr. Potato Head.)
Please no more rain!

No comments: