I woke up (nice and early, thank you girls :) on my birthday to find this downstairs. Bill knows how to make me smile, just give me a lot of candy with sugar and corn syrup as the main ingredient.
Since Bill had to work, and Emma and Maddie don't understand it was my birthday, I tried to make it fun for all. I love walking through Barnes and Nobles, so we went there, got some Starbucks and Emma a chocolate milk box, and looked at books. There's a train table there, so Emma had fun playing for a bit. Then we each picked out a book.
The weather was awesome yesterday, so I didn't want to go right home. We went to a nearby park, which was so worth it. Emma was just giggling to herself, she was so happy. Her favorite things there: the twisty slide and the "big kid" swing. And Maddie slept the whole time.
During Emma's naps, Madeline has been awake, so I haven't been able to catch up on my sleep more than 15 minutes. Yesterday was no exception. But when Emma got up, we spent the rest of the afternoon outside playing. My cousin Chad stopped over, so Emma had a lot of entertainment.
Then my mom came over to watch the girls while Bill and I went to dinner. It's the first time I left Maddie, and she did need a bottle while I was out, but did okay with it (phew!) When I got home, Bill had invited a few friends/family over for cake (chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream cake!!!) And I ended my day with a little American Idol (I couldn't stay up for the Lost season finale, I'm dying to watch it!) Thanks Bill, for a nice day! A few moments from my day:
Emma tries being a good sister and sharing her things with Maddie. This is what it ends up looking like.
Madeline, nice and awake during naptime (I think they conspire against me.)
I love this face.
Maddie hanging on the porch while we play outside.
Emma using her bubble machine.
No comments:
Post a Comment