Saturday, October 11, 2008

pumpkin picking

Last Saturday was a perfect Fall day, chilly in the morning, and warming up in the afternoon. Bill, Emma, and I went to breakfast together (Emma and I shared banana pancakes, SO good) and then went to Duffield's Farm. We had a plan just to get some pumpkins, but there was a Fall Festival that day, so there was a lot more things to do. Emma had SO much fun looking at the animals, especially the goats, and she kept imitating the cow when he would moo. There was a pony ride, which I thought she would love. She got so excited to see the ponies and kept trying to touch them, but the second Bill put her on the pony and it started walking, she cried. waiting for the pony


she didn't look upset here...
if you look closely, you can see Emma trying to throw herself into Bill's arms
There also a hayride back to the pumpkin patch, but I was afraid after the pony incident to get on a hayride packed with people and have her freak out, so we let her run around the pumpkins for sale. And she didn't know the difference. She had so much fun running to each pumpkin, grunting trying to pick up the heavy ones, and throwing the little ones on the ground (nice.) There was also a little kid maze of haystacks, Emma just had fun wandering around it. (She tried to dart into the grown-up maze in the cornstalks, but I saved the day.)










This picture makes me smile. Bill leaving with his wagon of pumpkins, but Emma stops to grab more.

2 comments:

adrienne said...

Emma looks so cute and so grown up. We need to get together soon!

Laurie said...

She looks so adorable.....love her and can't wait to babysit Saturday!