Sunday, October 26, 2008

Halloween "parade"

Today there was a "Halloween Parade" down the main street of our neighborhood. Bill and I dressed Emma up and went down to the "festivities" with our neighbor and her kids. Emma was SO good keeping her costume on (she's a flower), I just called the pieces a hat, shoes, pants, and she was okay with that. So the parade ended up being about 8 kids and their parents, we joined in the end of it, and then they had a costume contest by age groups (I wish I was making this up, Bill and I laughed all the way home, it was so funny.) When it was Emma's age group turn for the contest, she won FIRST place! (out of like 4 kids) She got a ribbon and a $5 Wawa gift card (I will get her something from Wawa, I won't use it on a coffee for myself :) We couldn't stop laughing that Emma won the contest. She wouldn't take the ribbon from the woman, but we proudly carried it home for her. The people who organized the parade did do a nice job, they had pie and hot dogs and cider, and the kids got goody bags. And there was a 2 year old dressed like Elmo, and Emma kept trying to follow him, yelling "Melmo!" She probably would have squeezed him if she got close enough. So funny.

My little flower.
Not a good back drop (our garage).


She's smiling because a dog is barking. She loves dogs.


Her first ribbon.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

danielle said...

OMGosh that is hilarious...congrats Emma for being the cutest flower. PS. Chloe has the same one, we'll have to get pics of them together.