It's that time of year again...Back-to-School. I haven't been at school since I left on maternity leave May 2007, and I have been not been looking forward to going back. My going back to work was something Bill and I prayed about a lot, and I feel that this is the way God is leading me to go. And as if to reassure me, the week or two after I gave my school my decision, on Mother's Day weekend, our pastor's wife spoke about being a working mom. I was in tears half the time, because I knew this was something God wanted me to do, as much as I was fighting it. So it's back to school for me (for now...!). Emma will about 1 minute away from my school, at Miss Lisa's house, who is a mother of a former student of mine, and watches children from her home. I loved her family when I taught her daughter, and another teacher's child goes there, so I feel really comfortable leaving Emma with her. Today Emma spent an hour with her while I got a few things done at school, and Emma was absolutely fine, I was so relieved! She just made herself at home right away. And Miss Lisa is just as nice as can be. It does make me feel somewhat better, but I know that first week of me dropping her off will be so hard (for me!) I can't even think about it without tearing up. But I do like the start of school in September, the new crayons, new fall clothes, the new little kindergarteners. It's just a lot of work getting my classroom ready this time around, especially since I have to bring Emma to school with me. While she was at school with me for a little bit, she tried eating the teddy bear counters, got whacked in the head with a chair, and made a huge mess of my shelves. Tomorrow I'm going to try bringing in an Elmo video and lots of snacks...
*My camera battery died and I can't find my charger from the move (!) so I have not been able to take any pictures. So I pulled off of my memory card a few random pictures...*
*My camera battery died and I can't find my charger from the move (!) so I have not been able to take any pictures. So I pulled off of my memory card a few random pictures...*
Emma and Cambelle

4 comments:
Honestly, my child looks a little possessed! Congrats on going back to work. You're such a great teacher, they can't live without you for another year.
I really admire you for following God's will even if it is not what you want to do. He must have some awesome plan for you as a teacher this year. Your kindegartners will see His love through you.
An added thought: the greatest teaching and gift you can give to Emma is following God's will for your life even if you're against it.
We'll be praying for you as you make the transition to "working mom". It's tough (believe me, I know!!!), but God will honor your decision!
Post a Comment