Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mother's Day

This was my first Mother's Day, and I really enjoyed every minute of it (last year I was 8 months pregnant and it fell on my birthday, so I felt a little jipped). Today Bill let me sleep in a bit, and woke me up him cooking banana pancakes and hashbrowns, yum! They also gave me a new bag and wallet, which I love, and Emma got to play with the box for a while. We went to church, where Emma has been wonderful in the church nursery, even though she misses her much needed morning nap, she just plays so happily the entire time. (I sometimes secretly wish she would object to me leaving her, so I feel like she misses me, but I am so glad she's happy there, so we can enjoy church. ) We went to dinner with my parents tonight to the Mozzarella Grille, and we ordered Emma the raviolis, which she couldn't get enough of. She was a mess by the time we left, but we went to Cold Stone Creamery to get ice cream (it was free for all moms!) and we nicely shared (just a dot!) some with Emma. Today was just so great because I got to spend it with my two favorite people. I am so blessed and thankful for my loving husband and wonderful daughter, my heart feels like it could burst. Happy Mother's Day!
It was my day off, so I didn't even take any pictures, but here are two Bill took:

what Bill and Emma did while I slept in (you can see why I always do something with her hair, she can't see!)


not a good picture of us, it was rushed before church

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a really nice day!