Wednesday, May 7, 2008

ducks

I try to take Emma to the park whenever I get a chance. There's a spot at there you can look at fish and ducks, but the ducks are never around. Today, though, when we walked by, there were at least 10 ducks around the path (okay, they were geese, but I like saying ducks better). I got really scared they were going to peck me, because they would walk right over to you, but all the other people around didn't seem worried, so I was brave for the sake of Emma looking at them. Emma wasn't sure of them at first, but ended up liking them so much, she tried to leap out of her stoller to get one. She cried when I walked away from the ducks, so we ate lunch in the gazebo nearby so she could watch them (it was the gazebo where Bill proposed to me, oooo!)

trying to get the ducks
it's a boring picture, but if you look there are ducks everywhere, hence my being a tad frightened

After playing on the playground for a while, we went to Duffield's, which is like a farmer's market kind of place. I wanted to get corn and fruit, but didn't think and brought in the little stroller, and the basket does not hold anything. Anyway, so I gave Emma the bananas to hold, and she did such a good job. She didn't put them in her mouth or throw them or anything. It wasn't pretty scene when I had to give the cashier the bananas to weigh, but all was better when I gave them back. I had to take a picture, she was so cute holding them. We also visited the farm animals there. Emma wasn't impressed, except with the goats, and I just thought they all were just smelly. I can't wait for her to walk, so she can enjoy life outside of her stoller (I do carry her sometimes, but she wiggles to get down, and she can't.)


Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Shannon Kitchen said...

To cute, I love the banana picture! Lyndsay has those same sandles. Yay Target!! :)